Chromebook Summer Program
In our ongoing effort to extend 21st century learning opportunities, we are excited to announce a new
initiative to provide essential resources to students over the summer. Beginning this year, we are
offering you the opportunity to request your student’s Chromebook be sent home over the summer.
Attached you will find a ‘Chromebook Summer Program’ application. If you would like your student to
bring his or her Chromebook home over the summer, please complete and sign the attached form and
return it to the main office on or before Wednesday, June 14th. We will begin collecting Chromebooks
from students who do not wish to bring the device home for the summer on Thursday, June 15th.
In an attempt to share as much information as possible about our one-to-one devices initiative, please
refer to where you will find a F.A.Q.
page, as well as important documents such as our Acceptable Use Policy and copies of the student and
parent Chromebook use forms.
Additionally, please keep in mind the following care and monitoring information:
● Keep Chromebooks away from pets or young children
● Avoid heat and direct sunlight
● Avoid liquids - beverages, pools, wet towels
● Keep Chromebook plugged into a surge protector when not in use
● Leaving the device not charged is bad for the battery, and may result in permanent damage
● Make sure to restart and apply new updates as needed
● GoGuardian Monitoring software is still in effect over the summer
● The Devices remain the property of the school, all school rules and policies still apply
Repairs / Damages
● Over the summer the Tech department will have standing hours for Tech support on Tuesday
from 8-11 and Thursday from 12-3 at Portland High School
● Additional support can be scheduled as needed
● We can be contacted via email at
● Devices damaged over the summer will be repaired as quickly as possible, but no spares will be
● If your student will not be returning to Portland Schools in the fall, the device must be turned in
Portland Schools Tech Department